Sep 24, 2012

Why Pirate

Tara Lotus has inspired me to piratize my jacket.
Here's how I did it, it's very easy:
take a pair of scissors and cut thin stripes off along the edges - wherever you wish. I did it along most of the jacket's edges haha ;) 
I made little cuts at the elbow level, then tore apart more with my hands to make bigger holes - don't go too hard here, or you'll have to sew it back together!
I did the same thing along the shoulders, towards the back.. you can do it in any part of your denim project ;) 
Now you can wash it in the washer to fray the edges. 
Add patches, beads, lace - anything you have handy and love. 
Love worn tattered look!
Rip here, rip there - no end to perfect tear and tatter!
My friend Levka gave me a pair of jeans he had worn to, according to him "shreds", I used the good parts of this quality pile of denim, perfectly worn. The heart-shaped pocket has been added by me to the right side  - very handy! It fits tiny things like coins - love that ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment