Mar 1, 2014

Hands are awesome!

Being in touch with my body is a habit and practice, at the same time. I love to use my hands for settling my mind on tranquility, it is useful for me to come back to my inner self, and my two hands and always remembering about Jnana mudra are great for this...:)

Jnana Mudra


This is a very simple, and at the same time it's a very important mudra.
Jnana Mudra is said to be one of the most therapeutic mudras that a person can practice. Some of the health benefits of this gesture include alleviating nervous tension from the body, boosting memory, curing insomnia, developing creativity, enhancing spirituality, increasing mental peace, regulating the flow of air in the body, stabilizing the mind, helps to eliminate melancholy, sadness and worry. 

With the index finger touching the tip of the big finger the mudra is in active receiving position, with the tip of the index finger touching the first phalanx of the thumb and thumb exerts a slight pressure on the nail of the index the posture is active and giving.

Active receiving
Active giving


No comments:

Post a Comment